Thursday, November 6, 2008

Postcards from Jubail 2

Some more interesting pictures from Jubail.

Contrary to the popular idea, it is a real city and not a collection of tents and one does not have to live like a Bedouin.
Bangladeshi shop – advertising all that is necessary for Bangladeshis to flock here. This shop is less than a stone’s throw from where I live and get my cigarettes, juices and water from.
Took the trouble of going to one of the best restaurants in Jubail – called COCO – to pick up two Shawarmas for dinner (@ 4 SR each). They are large.. in fact very large (my cross pen is there for comparison). I thought I will have 2 for dinner since this is the start of the weekend. Have given up after just one.
It is loaded with roast lamb slices. It is brilliant. Hope it does not become a habit....
Jubail at night... 7.20 pm taken while I was waiting for my Shawarmas. There is a McDonald sign, that is barely visible behind the palms. The lighted area on the right is called the international market. The left is the Safeway Super Store. The spot from where the picture has been taken, is about a 30s walk from my main door.
Downtown Jubail. The other direction of the same road. The place till where the street lights are visible is the Jubail city center. The Nikon dealer for Saudi Arabia is on the right , about 50m away. The multi-coloured sign on the left is Samba Bank (Saudi American Bank).

A view of the roof of my flat. There, in the front you can see Samba Bank.

No comments: