Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Durga Puja 2012 : Dashami


This year, things have been a bit different. With my grandmother not keeping well, our usual sojourn to North Calcutta did not happen this year. I made my trip to Bangur Avenue, where she has been residing with my aunt and cousin to meet her.

The pandal next to where they reside had some interesting motifs in burnt clay, that is a tradition of Bishnupur.

The facade of the pandal was also exquisitely decorated.
 

Durga Puja 2012 : Bangur Avenue

The ceiling motifs were rather interesting . . . 

Durga Puja 2012 : Bangur Avenue

While driving back, I was surprised that most of the pandals were virtually empty or had few worshipers. Compared to that, the Victoria Memorial had lots more visitors.

Durga Puja 2012 : Dashami

Changing times or more tourist inflow during the pujas? Or is it "poriborton"?


Nikon D300 | Nikon 18-200mm VR 

No comments: